There's a saying about finding what you're looking for. If you look for negativity, you find it. If you look for opportunities to laugh, you find them. If you look for graphics and other funny things to include on your website, you laugh until the tears run down your cheeks. At least that was my experience. Based on Charlie Chaplin's quotation, the day I searched for "laughter" on the internet was one of my most productive days. Looking for laughter and finding it, in some cases even causing it, can be just as addictive as eating chocolate, salty chips, and/or ice cream. Even better, laughter is fat free. It's a win-win situation on so many fronts. On those days when laughter doesn't feel like an option, remember that even a smile can be something to celebrate.
What can be funny about cancer?
Only someone who has had breast cancer would know, but not likely while it is taking place:
Everyone needs laughter in their lives. You don't have to have something wrong in your life to need a good laugh. In fact, there have been studies done that show laughter can actually help to keep you from becoming sick.
- It’s true that laughter really is cheap medicine. It’s a prescription anyone can afford. And best of all, you can fill it right now. ~Steve Goodier
- You can't deny laughter; when it comes, it plops down in your favorite chair and stays as long as it wants. ~Stephen King, Hearts in Atlantis
- Laughter gives us distance. It allows us to step back from an event, deal with it and then move on. ~Bob Newhart
- I am thankful for laughter, except when milk comes out of my nose. ~Woody Allen
- There is little success where there is little laughter. ~Andrew Carnegie
- The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e. e. cummings
- Sometimes I laugh so hard the tears run down my leg. ~Author unknown